Thursday, April 10, 2008

Unusually Busy? Only Slightly.

Here was my day.

3:30-4:00 am- Nurse Michael (he's been sick so that is way I'm nursing him before 5)
4:00-4:15 am- Try to go back to sleep. Give up.
4:15-4:50 am- Make weekly menu and grocery list. Get dressed for gym.
5:00-6:00 am- Go to gym and run 3.9 miles. Cool down and stretch.
6:00-7:00 am- Go grocery shopping
7:00-8:30 am- Shower (my favorite part of the day). Get myself, Michael, and Briona ready for the day.
9:00-10:00 am- Visit Little Green Apple (a preschool we are checking out for Briona).
10:00-11:30 am- Teach 1st Grade Math at PHA
12:00-1:15 pm- Take Michael to the Doctors and find out he has a double ear infection.
1:30-1:45 pm- Run to Fred Myers to buy razors for Daniel's electric razor.
1:50-3:00 pm- Eye exam for me. (I haven't had my eyes checked since I was 12. They dilated my eyes and then everything was fuzzy for the next 2 hours)
3:00-4:00 pm- Deal with the fuzzy vision and ensuing head ache-and- Try to reassure my kids that they are the most important part of my day.
4:00-5:30 pm- Take my Mom to Fred Myers so she can go shopping for several things she had on her shopping list, and fill Michael's prescription.
5:30-6:15 pm- Make dinner and feed the kids.
6:30-9:00 pm- Go to Enrichment.
9:00-9:30 pm- Nurse Michael and get him in bed.

So I wonder why, after a day like that, I still beat myself up for not getting the house cleaned. I also see that homework didn't get completed, chores didn't get accomplished, and my children felt neglected. How I wish I could do it all. If I was only a "SUPER" mom.

Some days I think we are all too hard on ourselves.

4 comments:

Amy said...

I agree- with a day like that..... who cares about the house?

When anyone asks me what I want (wait a minute... no one ever does) so let me rephrase. What I want, what I crave, is a day with nothing on it. A day where I have absolutely nothing I need to do, no one I need to help, nowhere I need to be....a day where I can say, "No- I won't be doing that today". You know the day like your birthday years ago- that's what I want. I can't wait for our girls weekend because that will be the only rule- we don't do anything that we don't want to!

Chelsea said...

Have you decided on preschool? We've done Little Green Apple and we've loved it. Emma is signed up for the 3's class next year at LGA. I highly recommend!! We can chat about it later...

Hilary said...

Zzzz.....

Jolinda said...

Here comes something corney. Do you know the song from "Princess and the Pauper" called "You're just like me"? I know I've been saying this all our lives that we've known each other. I often read your blogs and know exactly how you feel. I'm not just saying that, I really do know. Hang in there Robin and remember no one expects more of you than yourself.