Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Ice Skating

For family night we spent the evening improving our talents. As you can see Michael and I are missing from the ice. We spent the evening improving our cheering skills.


Don't they look great out there? This picture was taken at the end of the night. Everyone was still smiling (well, I guess what I should call the look on Daniel's face more of a grimace. By this time his back was killing him. He never let on to the kids though. Isn't he the best dad?!)



Briona thought skating was a blast! This was her 1st time on the ice. She took one spill but got back up again and smiled the rest of the night.



Kira was really concentrating in this picture. She was focusing on improving her speed.



Christopher and Kira talk shop while taking a break on the side of the rink.




Look at my proud kiddos!

3 comments:

Ariana said...

I love ice skating...but my feet have always been really wide, and the skates always seem really extra narrow. So I'd skate till I couldn't stand it anymore, then limp the rest of the day. But it was fun! I've never skated on "real" ice...just the baseball field at my elementary school in Minnesota that they'd flood every winter and let freeze. It was a little lumpy but it worked.

Amy said...

How fun!

I went with Haylee on a field trip and we went ice skating. Ed was a little worried since I'm so clumsy. But I made it around and around with no falls! I think the hockey skates work better for me- more ankle support.

Unknown said...

I also used to enjoy ice skating. It seemed to be the only sport where I was better than average at keeping my balance. Never did have any good roller skates. Keep thinking i'll get some roller blades one of these years. Do any of the kids have thoes? Do they think it is similar to roller blading?