Thursday, April 24, 2008

Activity Day Training

Tonight I went to a Stake Activity Day training. It was great!

I have taught Activity Days for a couple of years now in this ward. I also held this calling in our ward in Provo (back when it was called Achievement Days). This is the first training meeting that I have been to, specifically for Activity Days. It was really nice to have so much attention focused on this calling. In the past it has felt like Activity Days was a "second thought" kind of a program and I was left pretty much to my own devices. I do pretty good on my own but service is much more enjoyable when you do it with others.

Our Stake Primary Presidency recently changed and the new group has really committed to providing more support for us leaders. This training is just the beginning. They put together a helpful records binder (although I do all my record keeping on the computer) and have set up a blog where all the leaders in the stake can share their ideas. I am also thrilled because they announced that they are going to be putting on a summer day camp for the girls.

It is so exciting to be able to feel connected with the Stake and know that we will all be supporting each other. I also can't wait to see what the leaders in the other wards are doing.

No comments: