Saturday, January 19, 2008

High and Low

My friend Amy has a post on her blog that explains how she stimulates dinner conversation with her family. During dinner each member of the family shares their highest point of the day and then their lowest point.

I thought this was a wonderful idea so we tried it last night. It was great. Daniel started out and then it was my turn. After that we went in order around the table. My mom and I had the same high point and Christopher and I shared the same low point. What was really neat was that talking about our highs and lows gave a few of us the opportunity to ask for forgiveness for wrong doing, and others of us to express appreciation for kindness given.

After dinner we were all happy and everyone seemed content. Dinner time is usually such a stressful time for me. In fact it has become one of my least favorite times of the day. This totally changed that around. I hope we can keep it up. Thanks Amy for talking about that on your blog. You just made my day a whole lot brighter!

3 comments:

Hilary said...

Dang it, I need to remember to do that. Must write it on my white board.

Amy said...

Glad I could help- it's made our dinners a lot better! And I can actually justify the expense of a new dining room table come tax-check time.

Dory said...

We did it too. We got a mix of answers. Savanna's hi was going to church and Jackson's was that Funniest Home Videos was on. I love my kids.