Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Letters?

I got to talk to Marc on Sunday. It was so good to hear his voice, even though it made me cry. The reality of his situation hit me pretty hard. My heart aches for him. I am so grateful that he has the gospel because I don't think he could get through this without it.

During our conversation, I asked if he had got any of your letters. He said that the only one he had received was from Marilyn. (Mom, he asked me to please pass along his thanks. It really meant a lot to him! I could tell by his voice that he was very touched. I also really appreciate you doing that.)

Alena told me that she had wrote him a three page letter. But I talked to her before she sent it, so I'm not sure if she got it in the mail or not.

So, I just have ask? Did anybody else write to him? If you didn't, it's OK. However, if you did, it makes me wonder what happened. Has the army been keeping his mail? Did I give you guys the right address? If there were letters, where are they?

2 comments:

Amy said...

We did write for FHE right after your blog. Plus I videotaped the kids singing, "I'm Proud to Be An American" and burned it to a CD to send. I just haven't sent it yet.

I'll get it out in Monday's mail for sure! Thanks for the reminder- sorry that I'm lame.

Jolinda said...

I have to tell you that although I liked the idea of my family writing letters, my family said they weren't interested in writing to someone they didn't know. So I should've just written on my own, but as you know I am very co-dependant and have done nothing. I know I really should...Maybe when things slow down. I do want him to know how much I appreciate his and his family's sacrifice.

SORRY!