Tuesday, February 26, 2008

HELP!

Hey everybody, I need your help.

My brother left for boot camp two weeks ago. From his letters it sounds like life is really hard. He needs support from the outside world. I've heard that one of the only way soldiers make it through those horrible months at basic training is because of the mail they get. He can't call or email. Mail is our only form of contact. My family is trying to write to him almost everyday but I'm sure it would do him a lot of good if he heard from some of you as well. Many of you know my brother, but ever for those of you who don't, I know he would value a message from you. He warned me not to send any packages (I guess the drill sergeants don't look favorably upon those), just letters.

Here is his address:

PFC Reading, Marc
A co I/48 INF Regt 3rd PLT
495 Iowa Ave, Unit 13
Ft. Leonard Wood, MO 65473

on the back of the envelope write a 3 with a circle around it over the fold.

I am so proud of my brother and his choosing to do this. It is not something I would have ever picked for him but my heart swells with pride knowing that he is doing what the Lord wants him to do.

Let me tell you a little about my brother, for those of you who have never met him. His name is Marc. He is two years older then me (although most people think it is the other way around). He has a wonderful wife and four beautiful children, whom I adore. He has a strong testimony and a very strong commitment to his family. He loves to play games and has dreams of owning his own gaming shop one day. When he has the time he loves to do things outdoors.

My brother is my real life hero. He has been there to support and take care of me through out my entire life (even when I didn't think I needed it). My brother's love was one of the only things that I could count on when I was young. I don't know what I would do without him.

PS. If any of you have some suggestions on ways that I can help support him or his family during this time please let me know. I need all the ideas I can get. I have been trying to find poems and such online but haven't been able to come up with much. There is just so much I want him to know but I don't know how to show him.

Thanks for your help. Anything you can do will be a blessing to my Brother.

8 comments:

Denise said...

We will drop him a line or two!

M said...

What the hey hey hey?!?!? Boot camp? How did that come about? I will have to drop Mr. Marc a note, but really, you just blew my socks off. :O

Amy said...

We will do this for FHE! Thanks for the opportunity. It will be good for my kids to be in touch with a servicemen that they actually know.

Jenny said...

We will try and write him. Our neighbor just left to Afganistan for a little over a year. His wife and 3 kids were all at church this last Sunday as he bore his testimony...it was a major tear fest! His sweet little girl is my Hailey's age and she just sobbed all through the meeting. These amazing men and women who serve for our country are well...incredible, courageous, noble, the list goes on! How we are in debt to them and they're awesome sacrifice! My heart is just wrenching for you and how it feels to be miles apart from those you love. He sounds like a great brother and even better friend.

Jolinda said...

We'll send something as well.

Unknown said...

I made him a special card. You know how hard it is for me to come up with something masculine, but I did it. I hope he likes it. It's mostly a golden red sunset with a cove of trees around a small body of water. Then I wrote him a little note & will mail it tomorrow. It is amazing that people like him exist, who will join during war time. I pray he and his family will be blessed.

Love,Mom

Blogger Test said...

Hello, I know how you feel. My wife Lan started BCT at Ft. Leonard Wood the end of January. She is in her fifth week. I'm proud of her also...she is in Delta Company, third Platoon and also on Iowa Ave. I guess the big difference is that she is a 42-year-old wife and mother. I couldn't believe it when she joined. but supported her decision. She came to this country 14 years ago and soon became a US Citizen. She was looking for a way to give back to America for what it has given her. I miss her and our son misses her. Oh, I'm sorry Robin, this is about your brother...I wish him luck...I think they probably pass unknown to each other wishing they were home.

Robin said...

Montauk, thanks for your comment. My heart goes out to you and your sons. I can't imagine how hard it must be to have your wife away so long. That's amazing that she would sacrifice so much, to give back to our country. I wish more people realized what a blessing it is to live here. Pass on my admiration for her and what she is doing.