Sunday, December 30, 2007

My Views on Internet Safety

Daniel and I have this on going dialog about Internet safety. Not a week goes by that I don't ask him something along the lines of "Do you think that's safe enough?" or "Do you really think it matters if . . . ?". To help educate me a little on the topic he has had me read several articles about Internet safety. In many ways this has been very helpful and I am grateful that he is who he is.

When we first got married I took no precautions what so ever to protect our information. Daniel was quite the opposite. He was very cautious. Over the years we have both moderated our views and now we come closer to agreeing. (Truth be told he has infected me with a small amount of unhealthy paranoia. But for me, convenience trumps paranoia most of the time.) Daniel still takes more steps at protecting our personal information then I do (you might have noticed when he first started this blog he didn't even list any of our names) . However, I agree that some safety measures are wise. This is why I didn't use any part of our name in our title (thanks for the suggestions anyways, Denise). We feel it would be best if we don't include last names on any of our posts. This is a small precaution, I admit, but I figure since we talk about where we live and about the kids in detail it would be best if that bit of information be withheld. Thus making it a little harder for just anyone to find out more about us then is healthy.

3 comments:

Denise said...

I see where you are coming from. So in this vein, might I suggest:

Better Safe Than Sorry
The Guilty Shall Remain Nameless
What's In A Name
Cautious But Cute
Sounds Like ...
Where Everybody Knows My Name
Somebody's Watching You

I guess I should stop. They just keep coming.

But seriously, it is something I will think more about.

Love you guys.

Jenny said...

Wow, I never thought about that before! Our names are in our blog...I think I might change that.

Robin said...

Denise those are GREAT!!!