Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Christmas Morning



Daniel and I woke up this morning when Kira climbed into bed with us at 8:30. She snuggled with us for a little bit and then we decided to get up and see who else was awake. Briona and Grandma we making hot cocoa in the kitchen and Christopher was still snoozing. Since Chris was still asleep we decided to have breakfast before we opened presents (this was Kira's idea).

It is our tradition to have green waffles with red strawberries and white whipped cream for Christmas breakfast. We have done this every year for the past 7 years I think.

After breakfast it was time to open presents. We always start with our stockings (that way we can start on the sugar high 1st thing). Briona was adorable. She emptied her stocking one item at a time. She would pull out each little toy and piece of candy one by one, with a gasp of delight in between. She gets so much enjoyment out of the little things.

Gift unwrapping at our house is a slow and relaxed process. After all, we have to play with each new gift before we can move onto the next. Everyone watches with
anticipation as we take turns opening and exploring our new things. I am not trying to brag but I have to say that my children amaze me. Each year I wait for pushiness, greed and impatience to creep their way into our home on Christmas morning, but my kids keep them away.

Some of the favorite gifts this year are:

Footie Jammies
New Coats
New Bike
Mini MP3 Players
and of Course
the Wii

And the icing on the cake, it started snowing!






3 comments:

Ariana said...

That's awesome that your kids are so good on Christmas. They look cute in their jammies! :) Preston opened his first toy, then played with it for nearly 2 hours before we could get him to open anything else. It was just a bunch of letters and spelling puzzle things. Wild. :)

Enjoy your snowflakes....we've got several inches on the ground. (bleh- I like the rain!) :)

Denise said...

I must say Robin, I know that whip cream is a long standing tradition in your family - it's good to know you are passing it on.

We miss you guys.

Jenny said...

What a fun tradition, green waffles, red strawberries and whip cream! I did hear about the snow on Christmas Day there...how cool is that?! Your kids have grown so much and look so cute! I wish we could've seen some cute pix of you!