Sunday, June 15, 2008

The Man of My Dreams

I'm not much with words so this is going to fall sadly short on expressing what I really feel. However, I can't let this day pass by without trying to convey some of the love and appreciation I
have for the father of my children. Since I am much better at making lists than at constructing sentences that is the form this is going to take.

The top 50 reasons I love Daniel:

1. He loves me unconditionally
2. He plays with the kids
3. He is great at helping our children unfold the scriptures
4. He's forgiving
5. He's respectful
6. He never puts me down
7. He never complains
8. He is a wonderful father
9. He honors his priesthood
10. He gently encourages me to be a better person
11. He never pushes or pulls
12. He gets up with Michael EVERY night
13. He is a great provider
14. He loves reading to the kids
15. He's not afraid of hard work
16. He's so funny
17. He's helping me learn to enjoy life more
18. He is patient
19. He thinks more about me and our family then he ever does about himself
20. He's not afraid to try new things
21. He is continually working to improve himself
22. He's not afraid to recognize his short comings
23. He is an exceptional teacher
24. He loves to be near me, even when I can't stand to be near myself
25. He's supportive
26. He's hot stuff
27. Our priorities are the same
28. He's tender
29. He's the best dad in the world (and there is a difference between that and being a wonderful father)
30. He's in tune with the spirit
31. He loves to see me smile
32. He knows me inside and out
33. He never gives up
34. He is always willing to help others
35. He's honest
36. He is great with words
37. He's so darn smart
38. He never criticizes
39. He helped me learn to love reading
40. He doesn't like watching sports
41. He makes me laugh at least once every day
42. He's not afraid of getting his hands dirty
43. He's encouraging
44. He loves to cuddle
45. He lets me warm my cold feet and hands on his warm body
46. He's a deep thinker
47. He builds people up
48. He lets me sleep in
49. He never blames
50. We fit each other perfectly

He truly is the man of my dreams and so much more.

Happy Father's Day My Love!

2 comments:

Jolinda said...

What a tribute! You always have a way of saying the nicest things. And I've known you long enough, you sincerely mean every single one of them. Daniel, you're great!

Unknown said...

Yep, that's my boy you're talking about! I love him for all the same reasons. [Well, I've never formed an opinion of whether he is "just plain hot" or not. He's always been a good-looking person though.] I'm so happy you have found someone so perfect for you. Of course he's just plain perfect, so how could he not be perfect for anybody!
If there were only more Daniels to go around in the world, it'd be a lot better place!
And you do too express yourself very, very well.