Saturday, June 28, 2008

Little Miss Domestic

Here is my little garden. This picture was taken on June 16th. The day after I planted. I know it doesn't look like much but these things have to start small.



We planted late because the weather has been so cold and rainy. We have 6 tomato plants, 2 zucchini plants, 1 squash, 3 cucumber plants, 2 sweet pepper plants, and 1 cantaloupe (I really don't have much hope that it will produce though).

Last year I planted a garden but was unable to keep it up because I had just given birth to Michael. I hope this year goes better. I'm pretty new to this whole gardening thing though, so we will see.

I also finished making 35 pints of strawberry jam. Isn't that a beautiful sight! And it tastes good too!

1 comment:

Ariana said...

OK. THANKS. hahaha make me miss Oregon even more. The other day I got a postcard in the mail forwarded by the postal service from Jossi Farms saying their strawberry fields were ready. BOO HOO!!! No fair. hahaha Eat some jam for me...looks soooooooooo good!