Thursday, May 8, 2008

I am a Warrior!

I did it!

I took the Hinckley Challenge and succeeded!

In memory of President Hinckley I read the Book of Mormon in 97 days (he was 97 when he died). It was so great to take part in this experience. Over 30,000 others took the challenge as well.

In order to complete the goal, I needed to read about 5 1/2 pages a day. I think I only missed reading three days total. There were many days that I read more pages because I was enjoying reading so much. Isn't that cool!

I have never had an experience like this before. I have always admired those people who say they love reading the scriptures and that they have a hard time putting them down. Honestly, there was a part of me that doubted them though. But now I know what they were talking about. It has been amazing.

I am really proud to have done something so worthwhile to honor President Hinckley. That is also something new for me. I have felt a great sense of purpose during this whole time. I am very grateful to the Brother who put this who program together. It has been fun seeing my progress and the progress of the group as a whole. Because of this challenge my view of scripture reading has changed. My life has been blessed because I took the time to feast upon the word.

7 comments:

Ariana said...

That's so cool...good for you!! You say you aren't supermom. Yeah right. :)

When I was in YW in Minnesota, two years in a row we did a B of M read-a-thon. As in we started reading at 8am (we did it during spring break) and finished sometime around 8am the next morning. Straight through, taking turns reading a chapter at a time out loud. It was absolutely incredible....to have all the stories and sequences of events all fresh in your mind. It's cool. You can also really hear a shift in the writing style/language of the different authors. Sometimes I wish I could have that chance again, even though it was super hard to stay awake and paying attention at 4am. haha We were totally fueled by chocolate! ;-)

Denise said...

Way to go Robin!

You rock.

No wonder you have been calling me.

I am so proud of you.

Woo hoo!

Amberlyn said...

Congratulations Robin!!! What a wonderful accomplishment. Don't you feel as though you have a spirit of peace that surrounds you and then spreads to those in your family? That's what I experienced when I dived into the scriptures!!!

Don't stop. Keep going!! You will continue to feel blessed!!!

Chelsea said...

Robin, you are such an inspiration! Where did you find out about this program? is it a website or something? That is a really cool idea.

Jenny said...

Oh Robin that's so neat you read it in 97 days, the age he was when he passed! What a neat experience! The Book of Mormon truly is the best book:)

Robin said...

I got sent an email telling me about the challenge. We started reading 2 days after his funeral. It has been wonderful.

Now I need to set myself a new goal.

M said...

Way to go, woman! You've really been pushing yourself to do a lot of things outside the box in the last little while. Makes me want to shape up!

BTW, a happy belated b-day. :)

Love,
Mar