Saturday, January 10, 2009

Welcome back to Real Life!

It is really hard to get back in the swing of things after such a long vacation, but we did it! We made through the 1st full week in 2009!

So what have I done this week? School, Job, Church, Kids. Yes all of the normal stuff and also a little more.

I have done my spiritual goal, all week! This may not seem like much to most of you but for me it is a big deal. Consistency is not my strong suit (I bet you never knew!).

I have kept in better contact with friends. I am really happy about this one because my friends are really important to me but I am not good at showing it. I am so grateful for modern technology.

I went to the temple with Daniel. I can't remember the last time we were there together. I'm so glad my mom suggested it and so thankful that she kept the kids.

I may not have done anything incredible this week, but I did do several little things that were really important.

5 comments:

Denise said...

It's all the little things that make the biggest difference! So good for you Robin!!!

Jolinda said...

Way to go!

We're definitely related on that consistency thing! It always deters me from setting goals...too afraid to fail again.

It stinks.

Here's to a year full of being more consistent.

Hilary said...

Can you imagine if we did incredible things all the time? I'd be so tired.
YOU WENT TO THE TEMPLE? You are the bomb. I really should go before the baby's born, but I am SO bad at concentrating while I'm pregnant.

Amy said...

I love the breaks but man, is it hard to get back into a schedule and out of my jammies!

The interesting thing is this vacation, I didn't mind the kids being home. I would have loved them home a couple of more weeks- the time flew by.

I'm glad you're blogging again. It makes me want to do better too! Thanks for your example- keep it up!

Chelsea said...

Sad that I see you at church every Sunday, but catch up on life through blogging...what does that say about me??? Way to go getting back in the swing of things, it seems as soon as I feel like I am getting on top of it, they throw another holiday in just to keep me on my toes!