Sunday, January 4, 2009

1st day in Nursery

Today was Michael's 1st day in Nursery. Hurray!!!!!!!!!

All in all he did really well. Daniel dropped him off and he played until someone new came in the room and her realized that Daniel had gone. He cried for a little while after that but once they started snack time all was well again. That is until he saw me at the door checking on him (my mistake).
Once again, as soon as he started playing, I snuck out and he did great. Until the Primary President had to go in the room. That set him off again, but at this point I had already passed his binky on to the nursery leader. He gave it to Michael and started reading him a story. Within minutes Michael had fallen asleep on Bro. Gardners lap. It was the cutest sight. He slept that way until church was over and I came in to pick him up.
Not a bad beginning, I think.

3 comments:

Denise said...

I wish our nursury experience was going better...but I am glad to hear that it wasn't too bad.

Amy said...

That's always a great milestone.

Funny how it gets easier to leave them the more kids you have....

I'm glad it's going good so far and I'll hope for the best for the rest of the year!

Ariana said...

Yay! I'm glad he likes it. Preston did great but had a few bad months. He's actually back to that point, which is no good because he started Sunbeams this past sunday. All the chaos of moving and getting left with various people while I packed/cleaned/signed house papers/etc traumatized him. Poor guy. Hope he gets over it soon!