Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Elections

Well here it is election night and I am anxiously awaiting the final results. I still have several more hours to wait however. The way things stand right now, according to Fox News, is McCain 13 electoral votes and Obama 3.

It has only been the last three elections that I have cared at all about voting. My interest has steadily grown over the past 8 years however. I had my mind made up about who I wanted to win in 2000 and in 2004. But I have to admit that I wasn't extremely passionate about it. Yes, I hoped Bush would win, but beyond that I really didn't think I would be upset if he didn't.

This year is different. Not only do I really want McCain to win, but I really want Obama to lose.

2 comments:

Amy said...

I'm sorry that you're dissapointed. I am not as upset as Ed. He's convinced we're all done for now....

You should read Amberlyn's post about the good guy and the bad guy.

We're still researching where this info came from and why they got the kids all riled up!

Chelsea said...

I agree with you on this, but I must say taht I have been terribly UN-involved up until now and I think between the economy and the political climate it has been an eye-opener for me...time to get my self in gear. I am more motivated than ever to be involved.

I didn't know you were working at Joann's. Good for you! I'll have to look for you next time I am there. Glad you are back blogging again!! :)